About This Class
Learn to create vibrant, dynamic storyboards that will translate your illustrations seamlessly into animation!
In this easy-to-follow class, freelance art director, illustrator, and motion designer Sarah Beth Morgan shares her tried-and-true process for crafting a creative brief any client would be excited to receive. With a focus on storyboarding and illustration with an animated project in mind, lessons include:
- Developing a beautiful mood board with a clear point of view
- Taking an idea from brainstorm to style frame
- What to consider when choosing color for animation
- Essential tips for building storyboards that bring your idea to life
Whether you’re a veteran of the freelance world who wants to maintain a competitive edge or newly freelancing and want to develop a strong creative planning foundation, Sarah Beth’s actionable and clear demonstrations will take your briefs to the next level. With each lesson a step in the process, you’ll be able to take your concept from amorphous idea to clear storyboard in no time, and learn essential skills for creative planning success.
Share your moodboard, storyboard, and styleframe!
Wherever you are in your process, we’d love to see it. Share your inspiration, mind maps, sketches, color palettes, or complete brief with the community.
- Download Sarah Beth’s deck template to get started
- Include the major elements we learned in this class:
- two moodboards for distinct art styles
- a storyboard
- a styleframe in your preferred art style
- Create a copy of Sarah’s treatment template and customize for your own project
- Check out Sarah’s completed Floaty McFloat treatment
- Download the Floaty McFloat client brief
- Download the Photoshop storyboard template
- Download the animation credits to check out the animators featured in this class
- Check out Sarah’s Masking Texture Tutorial
Created by Sarah Beth Morgan
Size: 729.0 MB +6.5 MB